Cynthia McKinney for President • 06.19.08
Cynthia McKinney is the leading Green Party candidate for President. It is expected that she will be officially nominated by the Green Party on July 12 at the GPUS Convention in Chicago, IL.
McKinney is running for several reasons:
1) Bring issues to the public that the two major parties are ignoring
2) Help the Green Party get 5% of the vote and therefore qualify for federal election funding
3) Forge a new progressive coalition — The Power to the People Coalition — with the Green Party, the Reconstruction Party, and other
In Pennsylvania, our immediate goals are to:
1) get Cynthia on the ballot
2) raise $5,000 so that Cynthia can get federal matching funds for her campaign
And of course, help get her elected!
To help with any of these goals, contact the Green Party at 215-243-7103.